Want to know more?
Sign up for more information!
As a Cultural Care au pair, you are signing up for a premium programme – the highest quality way to live and work abroad. At Cultural Care we use our 30 years of expertise to make sure you get the best training and preparation and support throughout your journey. Find out more about why we are the best option to help you in your au pair experience.
Best of all, at Cultural Care we won't ask you to pay anything until you’ve found your family. That means you can learn more about our programme, work on your au pair application and even match with your host family completely free of charge.
Once you match with a host family and decide on an arrival date in the USA, we’ll ask you to pay a one-time programme fee.
Programme Fee: £1250
Your one-time payment includes a comprehensive group insurance policy for your initial au pair term, your round-trip airfare*, global support 24/7 and all additional programme benefits.
We have worked with Erika Insurance Ltd. since 1995 – and together, we have created a custom group travel policy to help give you complete peace of mind.
Having an exceptional insurance plan means that you can participate in all the exciting activities organised by Cultural Care or your host family and friends without worrying. The plan includes:
- Illness and accident coverage
- Coverage for loss of baggage and property damage/theft
- Liability and legal coverage
- Roundtrip airfare if your programme is interrupted due to death or serious illness in immediate family
- 24-hour emergency assistance via the free phone number
Find out more details on our insurance coverage by contacting us.
Cultural Care Au Pair offers you the opportunity to purchase a program cancellation protection in case you do not travel as an au pair. It covers your program cancellation prior departure due to a series of reasons (ask the office for more details). This covers a refund of program fee and flight cancellation fee.
Both au pairs and host families pay a programme fee to participate in this mutually beneficial cultural exchange programme. As programme participants, they fulfill different obligations and receive unique benefits. Learn more about the benefits of the au pair programme.
We also want to make you aware of some supplementary costs that will arise throughout your travel preparation. Please note that these fees are not paid to Cultural Care, but are required to participate in the au pair programme:
- Visa fee: $160, around £120 (payable to the U.S. Embassy)
- Police Certificate: £45
- GP Health Check: Varies
- International Driving License: £5
Peace of Mind Guarantee: Special protection due to the current Covid 19 situation.
We are currently offering a Peace of Mind Guarantee, which is a special protection during the current Covid-19 situation. Peace of Mind gives you an extra security during uncertain times.
If you take this guarantee you will receive a 100% refund of the programme fee if any of the following conditions are met up to 30 days before your departure:
- Your local government prohibits travel to the USA.
- The US government prohibits travel from your country to the USA.
- Your host family cancels the program due to concerns or sickness of Covid-19.
Are you a former au pair?
You may be eligible for £250 off the programme participation cost if you have either:
- Spent a successful year or more as an au pair in the USA at least two years ago
- Had a successful au pair experience in a country other than the USA for at least 6 months
No more than one discount per au pair can apply.
*valid on completion of the programmme