Programme Fee & Other Costs
Going to the USA with the Cultural Care Au Pair programme is a very affordable way to live and work abroad. Once you arrive in the USA you will receive a weekly stipend and the host family will cover the costs for your room and board.
To participate you will pay a full programme fee. This is a one-time fee that is paid when you have confirmed your host family and decided on a start date. This means that you begin your experience with Cultural Care Au Pair and find your host family without making a large financial commitment.
You can attend the initial information meeting to learn more about the programme for free, take the time to work on your application that will present you to potential host families while receiving the guidance and support from the Cultural Care Au Pair team all completely free of cost.
A Fair Price with No Hidden Costs
When you travel with Cultural Care Au Pair, there are no hidden fees. The programme fee will be due only when you and your host family have agreed on your date of travel to the USA. The program benefits include basic insurance coverage and return flight (providing you successfully complete your programme year).
Unlike other au pair agencies that may require you to book and pay for your own flights home or to New York, we take care of you for the entire round trip journey*
Here is an overview of the fees and costs:
Programme Costs: £999 (includes programme fee and full insurance coverage)
Programme fee: £499
To be paid in full after officially deciding on a host family
Full health insurance coverage: £500
Mandatory, because your safety is our top priority
- Full board and accommodation with an American host family
- Safety enforced by law through the U.S. Department of State regulations
- US$ 195.75 weekly stipend
- Up to US$ 500 for college courses
- Two weeks of holiday
- Opportunity to extend for another 6, 9 or 12 months*
(*additional fees apply, please check with your Cultural Care Au Pair office for up to date fees)
- Detailed training including CPR instructed by the American Heart Association at our very own au pair training school
- Extended insurance coverage
Cultural Care Benefits:
- One-on-one application screening and individual support
- Additional online and offline workshops and preparation material
- Biggest pool of host families + individual matching service = best chances to get placed
- All flights and transfers to and from your host family at the beginning and end of the au pair programme**
(**additional charges may apply depending on the date, departure airport and airline you choose.)
- Detailed training including CPR instructed by the American Heart Association at the au pair training school
- Exclusive and tailormade full insurance coverage
The Extended Insurance Coverage includes the following:
- Unlimited coverage for medical expenses
- Coverage for the cost of family member flights in an emergency
- Coverage for loss of baggage and property damage or theft
- Flights home and return if your programme is interrupted due to a death or serious illness in your immediate family
- 24 hour emergency assistance via the toll-free number
Discounts on the programme fee:
- Au Pairs who have spent a successful year or more as an Au Pair in the USA before at least two years ago, will receive a discount of 50% of the programme fee (£249.50)
- Au Pairs who have a successful Au Pair experience in a country other than the United States already for at least 6 months, get a discount of 50% of the programme fee (£249.50)
*No more than one discount per au pair can apply.
Recommended extra services:
- Cancellation Coverage: £40
- Sports Supplement (12 months): £60
- Sports Supplement (additional month): £20
- Extended Coverage for additional month: £75
Additional “external” fees and costs:
- Visa fee: $160, around £100 (payable to the US Embassy)
- Police Certificate: £45
- G.P Health Check: Varies
- International Driving Licence: £5
** Note: If you do not successfully complete your year, your return flight may not be covered by CCAP.
Safety enforced by law through the U.S Department of State regulations. For full details of U.S Department of State Program Guidelines, please click here.