Au Pair Qualifications
As the Government agencies and Cultural Care Au Pair set out the requirements you need to be able to fulfill these. Since au pairs are taking on the responsibility of caring for people’s children, it is very important that all candidates meet these minimum standards. If you have any questions on whether or not you fulfill them, just give us a call.
A Cultural Care Au Pair:
- Is between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Loves kids and has at least 200 hours of experience caring for them
- Has completed (or is about to complete) secondary school or equivalent. Must have completed GCSE's (have at least 5 with a grade of C or above) and/or A-Levels, Highers, Leaving Certificate or Equivalent
- Has a driving licence or can obtain one during the application process
- Does not have a criminal background
- Is in good health
- Is ready to commit to 12 months abroad
The most important qualification is good childcare experience. Our programme requires at least 200 hours of childcare experience to be an au pair. This can include babysitting (including relatives), volunteering or working at a daycare, creche or playschool, coaching children’s sports, working with a church group, tutoring children or any type of experience working with children.